Last Updated on September 5, 2014.
1. What this Policy Covers. This policy covers our treatment of information that we obtain when you visit SHIRTS OF THE WORLD. This policy does not cover the privacy practices of third parties that we do not own or control, such as our partners or advertisers. In addition we may provide links to other services and on occasion links to other sites that may interest you. All of these sites are owned independently of SHIRTS OF THE WORLD and they have their own privacy and security practices. For your best on-line experience, we encourage you to review their privacy policies before submitting personal information to them.
2. Information SHIRTS OF THE WORLD Gathers. Information SHIRTS OF THE WORLD gathers generally falls into two categories: (1) personally identifiable information, which is gathered with your specific knowledge and consent, for instance when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, complete a survey, make a purchase, subscribe to our publication(s), or register for any portion of our services, you are asked to provide information such as your email address, name, and phone number, and (2) non-personally identifiable information collected through technology, which includes tracking information collected as you navigate use of SHIRTS OF THE WORLD.
2.1. Personally Identifiable Information That You Give Us
2.1.1. Registration. Purchases made through SHIRTS OF THE WORLD require that you supply your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, and other billing
2.1.2. Paid Products and Services. To enable the purchase of products from SHIRTS OF THE WORLD store, we collect and store billing and credit card information. This information will only be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to complete purchase transactions. Examples of this include order fulfillment and credit card payments.
2.1.3. Contests, Sweepstakes, and Special Offers. SHIRTS OF THE WORLD may collect information from you in connection with contests, sweepstakes, and special offers. If this information is shared with a third party, we will notify you at the time of collection, if you do not want any personal information shared, you may always decline to participate in the sweepstakes, contest, or special offer.
2.1.4. Surveys, Panels, and Market Research. products from our store may collect personal information from you in connection with voluntary surveys. Unless we notify you at the time of collection, the information you provide in response to optional survey questions may be shared, but only in aggregate, with advertisers and partners.
2.2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected Using Technology. 2.2.1. Device Information. We may collect information about the computer, mobile telephone, smart phone, or other device you use to access SHIRTS OF THE WORLD.
2.2.3. Analytics Technologies. We have hired third parties to provide us information, reports and analysis about the usage and browsing patterns of the users of SHIRTS OF THE WORLD. The non-personally identifiable information is collected to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the site, and gather aggregate information about our user base as a whole. We do not tie this data to personally identifiable information.
2.2.4. Log Files and Reading History. We automatically log certain information about your use of SHIRTS OF THE WORLD. This information includes reading history of the pages you view. We may use this information to provide you with customized recommendations based on your reading history. We also use log files in aggregate usage of SHIRTS OF THE WORLD. 3. How SHIRTS OF THE WORLD Uses the Information We Gather 3.1. Services You Request. SHIRTS OF THE WORLD uses personally identifying information you supply to provide you with the service you have requested. For example, if you buy a shirt from SHIRTS OF THE WORLD, we may use your email address to send you a confirmation notice and your mailing address to send you the shirt. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products, or services and/or to improve the services we offer by tailoring them to your needs. Similarly, if you enter an online contest, sweepstakes, or giveaway, we will use the information you provide to notify you.
3.2. Analysis. We perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analysis of users of SHIRTS OF THE WORLD for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our users. We also use this information to improve customer relationships. 3.3. Third Party Service Providers. SHIRTS OF THE WORLD will allow access to our database by third parties that provide services on our behalf, including credit-card and billing processing, shipping, email distribution, list processing, and analytics or promotions management. Our service providers are restricted from using any data in any way other than to provide services for SHIRTS OF THE WORLD and they may not share or resell our data. 3.4. Affiliates and Partners. Unless otherwise specified elsewhere on SHIRTS OF THE WORLD, we may share personally identifying information with our affiliates, and with carefully selected partners. 4. Our Email Policy. SHIRTS OF THE WORLD complies fully with the federal CAN SPAM Act of 2003.
4.2. Newsletters. SHIRTS OF THE WORLD may offer email newsletters in the future, if you no longer with to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located at the bottom of each newsletter. To manage your SHIRTS OF THE WORLD email preferences, please click on the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of any newsletter you’ve received.
4.3. Promotional Emails. SHIRTS OF THE WORLD may also periodically email you messages about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You may choose not to receive messages in the future by following the “unsubscribe” instructions located at the bottom of each email.
5. Kids and Parents. SHIRTS OF THE WORLD is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums, and chats. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian (s) before making purchases, including subscriptions on the site.
6. Legal Stuff.
6.1. Legal Requirements. We may also provide access to our databases to cooperate with official investigations or legal proceedings, including, for example, in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal proceedings. 6.2. Acquisition or Transfer. As our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event that all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by SHIRTS OF THE WORLD, its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates, are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, the information from and/or about SHIRTS OF THE WORLD users may be among the assets.
7. How Information is Kept Secure
7.1. Security of Account Information. Your member account information is password-protected. We will not share your password with anyone. Please do not share your password with anyone, and remember to change your password from time to time, to keep your account information secure.
7.2. Network Security. We have implemented a variety of commercially standard encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect information, including your personal information, stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, thus we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7.3. Management Procedures. We also maintain standard physical and electronic procedural safeguards that limit access to your personally identifiable information to our employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who, through the course of standard business activities, need to access your personally identifiable information.
8. Special Note For Our International Visitors. SHIRTS OF THE WORLD’s website is intended for and directed to users in the United States. If you are accessing the SHIRTS OF THE WORLD website from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the SHIRTS OF THE WORLD website which is governed by U.S. law, this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.